Extra Crunchy Chicken Fingers (GFCF)
What you will need:
2 cups of gluten free corn flakes
1 cup of gluten free pretzels
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp mustard powder
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour blend (see below)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp gluten free soy sauce
4 Chicken Breast (tenderized and cut into strips)
Nonstick cooking spray
GFCF All-Purpose Flour Blend (this blend is for all baked goods not made with yeast):
1 cup white rice flour
1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup almond flour
1 cup cornstarch
Combine all ingredients and whisk until flours are evenly distributed. Store in an airtight container in the refigerator.
So pretty much it takes all of these:
To make this:
(what I like about this is that you can just double and triple, etc. the recipe and store in the fridge for whenever you have a recipe that calls for all-purpose flour)
Okay, so now that we have our flour blend recipe taken care of, let's continue with the chicken tenders:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the corn flakes and pretzels in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form.
2) Pour crumbs in shallow dish; stir in garlic powder, paprika and mustard powder:
3) Combine flour blend, salt and black pepper in another shallow dish.
4) Combine eggs and soy sauce in a third shallow dish:
So now you have your three shallow dishes: (couldn't get the pic to load horizontally...sorry)
5) Prepare your chicken: tenderize it and cut it into strips:
6) Coat chicken with seasoned flour blend; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture; drain. Transfer to crumb mixture; coat both sides with crumbs.
7) Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Working in batches, brown chicken on both sides; transfer to large cookie sheet.
8) Bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve:
Obviously the cheese on the salad isn't part of the GFCF diet. I guess we will give that up eventually too before Josiah starts trying to pick it off our plates!